Lust Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wicca

3 posters

Go down

Wicca  Empty Wicca

Post  KrissytheWorldWithin Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:19 pm

I am doing a series on wicca on my channel and am curious to know what questions non-wiccans have for wiccans.
KrissytheWorldWithin
KrissytheWorldWithin

http://persephoneofrain.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Wicca  Empty Re: Wicca

Post  Iamcuriousblue Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:46 pm

I guess I'm wondering if Wiccans all necessarily believe in literal supernatural entities, the efficacy of spells, etc.

What about ideas of ancient "goddess cultures"? Because in the last few years there's been increasing skepticism toward this idea, and Marija Gimbutas' work in particular.

Also, what are the different variations/"denominations" of Wicca, because if I'm not mistaken, there are a few different kinds.

Those are the questions that most interest me (off the top of my head) as an outsider to Wicca.

Iamcuriousblue
Admin

https://sexpositive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wicca  Empty Well you are correct in a lot of ways

Post  KrissytheWorldWithin Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Wicca does have many different denominations, just as all religions do. I for example am a Solitary Eclectic, this means that I do not practice within a coven and I do not prescribe to a specific pantheon. Some Wiccans plug gods and goddesses from older religions (like Roman Gods) into the Wiccan creation myth and invoke only those specific gods when performing a ritual, this is called a pantheon. When one works within a pantheon their alter set up may include influences from that old religion, someone who follows the Egyptian pantheon might have a set up with Egyptian influences and would invoke various Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt depending on what sort of ritual they are trying to do.

I am not a subscriber to a specific pantheon so I call on either a god or goddess that specifically would serve the purpose of my ritual workings, the lord and lady, or angels that are guardians of the four elements to bring me.

Spells are only effective when you have a clear and realistic intent (you cannot defy natural laws, and you cannot magick your way into doing something that would be physically impossible in the natural world), your intent doesn't involve harming another person, and that you take practical non-magickal steps to achieve the goals of your workings. For example if I do a spell to get a job I still have to fill out job applications, I still have to take care to present myself well to the interviewer and all that other boring mortal stuff. Doing the spell will just let the natural forces in the universe work in your favor.

I did a spell a few months ago where I asked for better fortune, I was having a bought of bad luck and I needed guidance on how to turn that luck. So I did a small ritual, and wasn't sure what results to expect. Slowly over a the next few months small things started going right for me I got a job, then me and Alwayslogout started dating, then three days ago I was walking to a job interview (my current employer can't give me the hours I need) and I got a phone call from a job I applied for a month ago and they said they wanted an interview, then as I entered the shopping center where my interview was I looked at the ground and saw a dollar and picked it up and then slightly to the left of that dollar was a pile of pennies, just sitting on the ground, so I picked them up, and I got home and counted the pennies and found that I found 104 pennies, just laying on the ground. My insomnia has virtually disappeared, my hair has gotten shinier and the dark circles that have been under my eyes for nearly 6 years began to fade yesterday, and things just keep getting better.

I know that's a lot to put on one little ritual, but it all started after that ritual.

I'll have to do a bit of research to effectively answer your query about the Goddess Cultures, I'm not entirely familiar with it.

KrissytheWorldWithin
KrissytheWorldWithin

Back to top Go down

Wicca  Empty Re: Wicca

Post  SeriouslyM Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:53 am

I wouldn't mind finding out, (in video form perhaps?), why you believe in Wicca. And then maybe a brief summary of what it is for those of us who are not so familiar with it.

SeriouslyM

Back to top Go down

Wicca  Empty I made a video sort of on that topic

Post  KrissytheWorldWithin Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:56 am

Its called why I chose wicca, you may have seen it. But if you want something a little more in depth I can do that.
KrissytheWorldWithin
KrissytheWorldWithin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum